Monday, October 20, 2014

The Pway and Pat

When we went and stayed at the beach, we took the Play and Pack for Natalie to sleep in (like usual).  When we all got sick last week, she woke up constantly from being congested and coughing.  So, I put her in our room for a couple of nights, so I didn't have to go traipsing up the stairs every time she woke up in the night.  Well, even after she got better, she still wanted to sleep in our room.  She would wake up screaming, late into the night.  I ran upstairs a couple of times the first night to make sure she was okay.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I pweep my pway and pat."  I tried telling her she had to sleep in her crib, but she wouldn't hear of it.  I caved.  I let her sleep in our room.  Then, since we have darkening shades on our bedroom window, I let her sleep in our room to take a nap.  Oops.  That night, more screaming and little sleeping.  I tried to be strong.  Anthony said,  "You might as well let her sleep in our room, or we will never get any sleep".  She won.
The next day, I took her into our room before nap time, and she helped me take down the play and pack and put it away.  I told her she could sleep in it the next time we go to the beach.  She was fine with that.  At bedtime that night, she didn't even raise a fuss.  She went to sleep in her crib and we didn't hear a peep.  Every once in a while she will go in my room and say, "Pway and pat put away?".  Today she started asking, "Mama, we go to the beach?".  Man, kids are relentless, and so stinkin' smart!

I couldn't really be irritated with her.  She's pretty cute!
(It probably won't be until next year that we stay at the beach.  By that time, she may not even fit in it. She's already so tall she can hardly even stretch out all the way.)

No comments: