Wednesday, October 1, 2014

School has finally begun!

We have finally begun the school year.  I took forever getting their material ordered, and then we were busy having fun and enjoying the rest of the Summer.
Talon is now in 2nd grade.  He loves to read, but isn't quite as excited about Math. Hopefully that will change soon.
Kaitlyn is now in 1st grade.  I honestly don't recall the last time I saw her so excited about one single event. She knows how to write most of her letters, but just needs a little work on forming some of them correctly, and she can't wait to learn to read!
She was a little disappointed that she only got three PACEs to start, but was content once I told her that Math will come in a couple of weeks, and as soon as she learns to read, she gets to start English, Social Studies, and Science.
The younger two felt left out, so we had to do some pictures with them, of course!
Natalie wanted to hold the sign.
I have to hand it to her, she was doing her best to 'pose'!
...as was Nolan!
Kaitlyn loves her school work.  She begs me to do more pages.  I told her we only do one letter a day, and that soon she will have more subjects, so it will take more time.  I did find her some writing tablets so she can practice her letters over and over.  She is so anxious to learn.  She reminds me so much of myself sometimes.  I loved school!
Talon wasn't quite as amused and excited to start as he was last year.  He finds the work a bit monotonous and not as fun, but he did have a really good first day, and hopefully he will still find a way to enjoy school this year.  It is amazing how much his handwriting has improved, and he reads really well.
It's a bit different when you have two kids doing completely different work.  Our greatest challenge for a while is probably going to be getting our daily routine down and keeping structure.  Overall, the first day went well, and I'm glad we did finally get started!
Welcome 2014-2015 school year!

No comments: