Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dream guitar

After a few trades, selling some gear, and a little birthday gift from the kids and I.... Anthony was able to get his dream guitar.  It's a Daphne blue Fender Noblaster.  I asked him to write a little about it, but apparently he hasn't gotten around to it yet. Maybe he'll get on here soon and add in all the details. So, without further ado... here it is.
We made a family day of it, and we all went to pick it up. I don't think I've ever seen him so excited about a purchase.  I'm very proud of him for what he has accomplished musically.  He first picked up the guitar just over 3 years ago, and has done amazing.  He has studied, and basically taught himself how to play.  Even as I write this post, he is in his 'office' (okay, music room... but who cares really, right?!), playing his guitar, and filling the house with music. We all love it.  I can't tell you how often Nolan asks me, "Mommy, I go watch Daddy pway tee-tar?".  The kids just love it when he plays their Sunday School songs and they can sing along. They each have their own ideas of what kind of guitar (or color) they are going to play when Daddy teaches them how.  
A lot of the time, he'll play while I'm making dinner or doing other housework. It's very soothing, and makes some of the more monotonous tasks not seem so... well... monotonous.  More times than not, the kids go to sleep to the sound of Daddy playing music.
It reminds me of when I was little, and my Daddy would play the piano when we were going to sleep at night.
So, Happy Birthday, my love!  Your gift is really a gift to us all.  Thank you for sharing!

No comments: