Monday, October 18, 2010

He's here!!!

Nolan James Starr
Born: Sunday, October 17, 2010
at 2:35am
Weight: 7 lbs. 4 oz. & 20 inches long
First impression of my new surroundings...

Ahhh... that's more like it!
Checking out the people sent to spoil me rotten...

Getting my first spa treatment. Not too bad. Not too bad!

I'm just gonna lay here and relax while you massage my head for a while! See my full head of black hair?

My big brother and big sister think I'm great. They couldn't wait to hold me!
When Bubby came in, I heard him say, "I want to hold my baby brother!". As soon as Mommy handed me to him, he asked, "Where's Sissy's baby brother?". Mommy said they had to share me. Phew! I got a little worried there for a minute. I thought competition might be on the way. No worries though... I get to be in the spotlight by myself for a while!

This is my Daddy. He's pretty excited about me, too. We've had some great snuggle time already!

See how cute I am?!?!
(I'm still a little puffy in this picture. It takes a while to get rid of all that extra fluid, you know!)
Aunt Kayla with Bubby and Sissy (playing in Mommy's room before I arrived on the scene). Well, that's it for now. Mommy's getting me ready to leave the hospital. They just did a whole bunch of horrible stuff to me...
They took me into a back room and did some procedure that supposedly only boys get. Doesn't seem fair, but they gave me a numbing fluid and some really sweet stuff on my pacifier so I wouldn't cry so much. I tolerated it really well, but I sure don't ever want it to happen again!
Then... they jabbed a sharp object in my leg and inserted something they call a "Hep B shot"; and if that wasn't enough... they poked my foot and squeezed the life out of it, then started painting a piece of paper with the fluid they got out of my foot (they called that a "Pee- Kay- You". Whatever!). So now I'm getting dressed and getting out of this place!
Don't worry though... I hear that Mommy likes to take lots and lots of pictures. So in the future, you'll be seeing me pretty frequently on this 'blog' thing.
Bye for now!

3 comments:

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Congratualtions! He is perfect! I hope all went and well. Enjoy your time with him!

Chrissy Segal said...

Congrats Candice and Anthony! He is adorable and very healthy looking. So big too! Good job Candice. I'm happy for the whole Starr family.

nurseheather said...

Congratulations. I love the photos. Their first impressions of life are always humerous. Take care of yourself and get some rest.