Saturday, October 16, 2010

The countdown begins...

I had my 39 week doctor appointment today. She said she was a little surprised to see me and thought I would have had this baby by now (that makes two of us!). My blood pressure was a little higher and I've been having more issues with water retention. She asked if I was finally done with work. I told her I was going to work until this little guy came, and her eyes got really big. (Apparently, she doesn't think the whole 3-in-a-row, 12 hr shifts is a good idea right now... I do have to agree with her!)
She thinks it's very possible little mister could come this weekend, but if not, she wants to induce me on Monday (the 18th). Fine by me!! There's only so much room in his current living space (and he makes quite sure he gets the space he needs), so I'm more than ready for him to vacate and come out and meet us!
So... I came home, walked 2 miles, made a few trips up and down our stairs, did laundry, took a nap, made dinner, baked a large batch of molasses cookies, took a hot bath, hauled my kids around...
I guess that's probably enough effort on my part for a day. Almost considered mowing the lawn, but decided I'm not quite that desperate yet. We have such a crummy lawn mower, and our ground is so bad, it shuts off on its own and you have to bend over and restart it about every 10 feet. Don't really need to be wracking out every muscle in my body before I go in and have a baby. Sorry, Honey, you're stuck with the lawn!

No comments: