Sunday, March 21, 2010

Talon's new discovery

(This was written by Daddy. I wanted it for the blog because I thought it was hilarious. I wasn't there, but when he told me about it, I laughed so hard. I wanted to remember it.)

--------------------------------------

You know, something happened today that was so humorous I don't think I can recreate the moment. We have a pesky rug outside our patio door. My Mom and Dad were over, and Mom kept getting tripped up on it, so I told her to just move it. She did, and there were some worms who were using it as a roof. Talon was very unimpressed. When I say Talon was unimpressed, what I mean is that they totally grossed him out, but he ignored them. So, full of energy (after seeing "his cow" delivered today), and in full cowboy mode, he got to stomping around the yard like he was King Tut. Well, I was watching him and I saw him pause at the edge of the flower garden. I saw what appeared to be the dawning of uncontrollable fear on his face. I said, "Talon, your a country boy, nothing is going to hurt you..." thinking it would challenge his manhood and cause him to rise above the moment (all the while thinking he had spotted an ant or something). Well, his fear got the best of him, he took off running every which way, which resulted in some prehistoric dance. His manliness forgotten, he resorted to flapping his hands and arms all around. Somehow I got his attention, and he stopped the dance and kind of walked halfway around the flower bed. About halfway to where we sat (Myself, Papa and Granny), the image of what he had just witnessed hit him again and he shuttered and started the dance all over with the ultimate "Grossed Out" look on his face. By now, I am in complete hysterics, almost on the ground. He makes a bee-line for Papa- his face flushed (yes, just like his Mama). You can tell he is completely grossed out and irritated by the presence of something he saw. I had been asking him what it was, but he wouldn't say. Finally, Granny got him to quit shivering in revulsion, and she asked him, "What was it, Talon?". He said in a very scared and irritated tone. "S-s-s-s-s Nake!" with another shudder. I lost it. I had forgotten about the worms earlier. Papa asked if they were so long (about four or five inches), Talon vigorously nodded the affirmative. Now I know, nobody wants to read such a long story, and it was a "you just had to be there" moment. All I can say is, I was glad I was there. I hadn't laughed so hard since the last time I laughed that hard!!!

No comments: