Monday, March 8, 2010

The search is finally over!

Yeah... the search is over! We finally found a house to rent! I'll admit, it's not exactly the house I was expecting, but the more I've seen it, the more I like it. At least now we have a place to live and can move to Oregon and get settled. This commuting back and forth, and working six twelve-hour night shifts in a row, is really getting exhausting!
I'll have to post some pictures of the house later. There's nothing super spectacular about the inside, it's just an average 1980's home with lots and lots of windows. The outside, however, is beautiful! The house is on 5 1/2 acres and very secluded. I see a lot of yard work and weeding in our future... there are flower beds everywhere. It looks like they are hosting a daffodil festival on the property! The owner said that the lady that had owned it before them had a bit of a planting fetish, and they had to let some of the plants die off because there were just too many. I can't even imagine what that looked like.
The kids and dogs will have lots of room to play outside, and the house has a long driveway set off of the road, so we wont have to worry about them going near the street.
There is a little orchard on the property with 4-5 different kinds of fruit trees. Looks like I'm gonna be doing a lot of canning this summer as well! The utility room off the kitchen has 2 long counters, a stove, a sink, and LOTS of cupboard space for canning and storage. I'm kinda excited about it!
I fly home on Wednesday evening, and we'll finish packing up. Jeremy and my dad are coming over on Friday with the rental truck, we'll load up, and head to Oregon on Saturday. The kids are going to stay in Oregon and go between my parents and Anthony's parents while we're gone. We thought this would be a bit easier on them so they didn't have to make multiple trips back and forth. At least I know they wont be starved for attention during that period of time!

No comments: