Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Goin' on the Airplane

Talon is very intrigued with planes, trains, cars, trucks, boats... yes, pretty much anything that moves. When I was making my trips to and from Oregon for work, all he would talk about was "Mommy going on the airplane". On one of my trips, I bought him a toy plane that makes noise, and he thought that was just the neatest thing ever. So, he was super excited when he found out that he, himself, would be going on an airplane. The kids and I flew over to Oregon on my last work stretch before we moved. He and George got the window seat. He got a little nervous when we started to lift off the ground, and it got noisy. He got a worried look on his face and started saying, "Mommy the airplane broken! Mommy, I want down! I want down!". But he calmed down after I explained how the airplane goes up into the air, and then he thought it was neat when we looked at the all cars and they were getting smaller and smaller. Thankfully, it was a nice day and a smooth ride. I can only imagine the hysteria if it would have been bumpy and he thought we were going down!
When we got in the air, I told him to look out the window at all the clouds. You could just see his little mind wheels turning as he processed the fact that they were now underneath him instead of over his head.
Ahhh, one of the many joys about being a parent... watching your children as they start to grow up and have new experiences that they can actually remember!
Kaitlyn isn't so fond of the whole process. She's flown with me a couple of times recently, and she doesn't care much for sitting still for an hour, but she does pretty good. I had a few people stop me and ask me how I dared to take two little kids on a trip by myself. I must admit, once or twice, I did ask myself the same question. But the trip was really short, and the kids actually did very well.



So excited, he can hardly contain himself!

No comments: