Sunday, January 17, 2010

We're moving!

After much prayer and consideration, and with mixed emotions, we have decided to move back to Oregon. There are a lot of factors that play into this decision, which I wont go into great detail about, but it became official about a week ago. Our plan is to move to the Canby area. It will be great to live close to our families again (which is something that we have really missed!).
I have accepted an RN position at Emanuel Hospital in Portland where I used to work. I basically got the job back that I left- in the Pediatric Resource Pool, supporting PICU, NICU, and Peds.
I must say, we have really enjoyed living in the Boise area, and will miss it. It didn't take us long at all to consider it 'home'. We love the weather, and the lack of traffic, chaos, and rain! I've really enjoyed working in the PICU here, and have learned so much. We've met a lot of great people and have made some life-long friends that we will look forward to coming back to visit. There are so many things we still haven't gotten to do here, so we have decided to make Idaho our vacation spot.
So what now?
My last day at St. Lukes Hospital in Boise will be January 26th. I will get about a week off, then Kaitlyn and I will fly to Portland on February 4th, and I will begin my orientation. Until we officially move (which looks to be sometime in March), I will fly back and forth for work. That's the part that I am really not looking forward to... being away from my family for a week at a time! Hopefully, it will only be twice and we will be done with the move.

3 comments:

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

I am sad you are leaving, but it seems it is for the better of your family. You will be missed. When you come back to Boise for vistis you better be swinging by PI for a bit

Candice said...

Thanks, Kelly! I appreciate how supportive everyone has been. I look forward to coming back to visit. (It's a good thing everyone has a blog so I can keep up with ya'll! ;0)

nurseheather said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you'll be leaving but i'm assuming it is the best decision for your family. take care and good luck in your new adventures. make sure and keep your blog updated. good luck to you.