Monday, January 25, 2010

Smart Little Cookie!

Kaitlyn was so cute tonight before I left for work, I just had to write a post about it. I wish I had a picture to truly capture the moment, but I was running out the door and didn't have time to get the camera.
Usually, Kaitlyn knows when I'm getting ready to leave for work. She starts getting really clingy and wants me to hold her. No toy or distraction will work.
Tonight, I hadn't even gotten my stuff together yet, but I came downstairs and was dressed in my work clothes. I hadn't put the coats away from when we went to church this morning, and they were still in a pile on the end of the couch. I was cleaning a few things up, and I noticed Kaitlyn following me. She's walking now, and is still a bit wobbly at times, but was almost in a dead run trying to keep up with me. I turned around to find her dragging her coat (which she had dug through the entire pile to find), and saying, "Up! Up!". I picked her up to give her a kiss, and she started very emphatically saying, "Bye-bye! Bye-bye!". She kept turning her face away and refused to let me kiss her, because in her mind, she was going to go bye-bye with me. Case closed! She was very put out with me when I put her coat away and tried to find a toy to distract her. As I walked away, she was once again right on my heels, determined to follow me out the door. I had to fight back the tears as I laughed... what a smart little girl!

No comments: