Thursday, September 3, 2009

Talon's bathroom bloopers

My mom loves to tell stories about us when we were little, and all the antics we pulled. (With good reason, I guess, from the sounds of it we pulled some doozies! I'm sure she deserves at least some type of ribbon or metal for the stuff we put her through!)
So, now it's my turn. It's amazing how stories actually become humorous after the frustrations of the moment dissipate, and you can finally take a deep breath!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days ago, I was so exhausted, that I decided to lay down and nap when it was time for the kids to take theirs. We had just gotten done with lunch, and after I had cleaned up Talon, I decided to let him sleep in his shirt and diaper because I thought he might get too hot in his overalls. I set my alarm for fear that I would just pass out and not be able to hear the kids when they woke up. When my alarm rang, I got up and checked on Kaitlyn. She was still sleeping, and Talon was quiet. (A delightful thought crosses my mind, "Oooh, maybe I can sleep a little longer!") I decided I better go check on Talon just to make sure he wasn't up. As I walked into his room, it was dark, but a really foul smell hit me in the face. I opened the door further and could see that Talon was not in his bed. I then saw him walking towards me, holding his hands in the air, saying "Ooo weee! Ooo weee!". I turned on the light to find his hands, legs, and shirt covered in a partially-dried, brown substance. Yeah, I know!!! That's what I thought... Disgusting!! He had so meticulously finger-painted himself with the nasty diaper contents that were running down his legs. The next words out of his mouth... "Bath? Mama, Bath?". "Yes, Talon, you are definitely getting a bath!" Thankfully, he only got a little bit on his sheet and none on the floor, his stuffed animals, or toys. Needless to say, I was glad that I went and checked on him and didn't lay back down. (And Anthony was very glad that I happened to be home so he didn't have to deal with it. Right, Honey?!?!)
Oh, but there's more!
Yesterday afternoon I put Talon in the bathtub while I was getting ready for work. I ran downstairs to grab something (not to worry, there was only about 3-4 inches of water in the tub!), and Talon started hollering at me, "Mama? Mama? All done! Mama? All done!". This was a bit strange since I had just put him in there with his "bubbows" and he usually loves to play in the bath. I went upstairs, and as I walked in the bathroom he said, "Mama, poo poo!". I looked in the tub, and sure enough .... underneath all the bubbles were little green floaties! I asked him if he had gone potty in the tub and he said, "Ooo wee! All done!". He started to cry- I think it really upset him, but he got over it really fast. He didn't have any interest in staying in the tub to play any more, though!
I always have to call my mom and let her know what her darling grandchildren have been up to, and what wonderful stunt they've pulled. Of course, she usually just laughs and gets a big kick out of it!

1 comment:

rachelle Harding said...

Wow! That's hilarious! I'm sure your mom appreciates hearing every story. ;-)