Monday, September 21, 2009

10 months old!

Kaitlyn is now 10 months old. What a big girl she's becoming! She's mastered the crawling, now is on to pulling herself up to EVERYTHING to see what she can get into. No more 'putting it up on the coffee table so Sissy can't reach it'. She loves to pull herself up things and let go, then look at us for approval. She's so proud of herself, she starts laughing, then loses her balance. What a crazy girl!


She also REALLY loves food (comes by that naturally, I might say!). We went to dinner the other night, and I had fed her before we left home, so when we were eating I gave her a dinner roll to gnaw on. She had that thing almost gone by the time we were done. There wasn't much left except a ball of soggy mush that she was squishing between her fingers. I had to take it away before she put the whole thing in her mouth, and when I did.... Maaaaaan, that girl can throw a fit!

Talon put his little bag of Cheez-Its on the counter the other day so he could run and play. I was doing dishes and had Kaitlyn in her seat on the counter. She leaned over and got a hold of the crackers, and within seconds was cramming them into her mouth. Of course, I freaked out and went after them by sticking my finger in her mouth so she wouldn't choke, she then proceeded to bite down on my finger for all she was worth and throw a fit. I tried to replace the crackers with her 'Gerber snacks'.... as you can imagine, that went over well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. I was here for that, of course. That's my girl. She gets that from the Starr side. My mother always said Dad was a nice guy, but he'll break your leg if you get between him and the fridge! Guess I'm kinda like that m'self.