Monday, September 7, 2009

Fall

Fall is almost here.
These are just a few things I really look forward to:

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes I look forward to them every year. Make it a triple, Grande, with no sprinkles, Please!

Football!!

Go Seahawks!

Go Huskies!

Fall Colors!

I simply LOVE all the fall colors!!

Thanksgiving
Lots of family, food, games... what's not to love?!?!

Spiced Apple Cider
Mmmm.... Bring out the Mulling Spices and Red Hots!

Pumpkin...
Anything!!

Corn Maizes
So much fun! This is a preview of the 2009 Corn Maize at the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island in Oregon. And do they ever have great caramel apples!

Candles

Pumpkin Spice is one of my very favorites. I always stock up on them in the fall!

Baking
I always get a hankerin' to bake once fall sets in. Yes, I especially love the recipes that include pumpkin or apples. And you gotta love all those warm spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves...

Homemade Apple Sauce
Anthony's parents make the BEST!
Warm, with a little cream... such a delicious treat!

Vacation from mowing the lawn
It's definitely sad to see it turn brown, but it's nice to have a break from mowing it. I've had to do it while Anthony's been down with his back. Not my favorite job ever!


And a couple of things I don't look forward to:
The Dark It gets dark early. How I miss those warm summer nights where it stays light until 9 or 10:00.

The Cold
I hate to be cold! Bring out the sweaters and the double layers!

Creepy Crawlies
Sure could do without those!

Oh yeah, and one more thing...

School Zones
It always takes me a couple of weeks to remember the speed limit is 20, not 35 or 40mph!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Amen to the pumkin and apples!

nurseheather said...

have had 2 pumpkin spice lattes myself - love them. fall by far is my favorite. how is your hubby's back?

Melanie said...

I was just asking mom what the corn "maize" design was for this year. Thanks for letting me know!!
Been enjoying those lattes myself this past week.

Candice said...

Anthony's back is still not back to normal, but is definitely better.
Yes, Melanie, I would love to come over and go to the corn maize. I sure missed it last year!

Unknown said...

Amen to my wife remembering the school zones. What she meant to say is it usually takes her two or three tickets to help remember.

Rachelle Harding said...

I was just telling Philip the other day about your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. Yum!

Candice said...

Oh yeah... I forgot about those. I'm gonna have to crack out that recipe!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmhhh! Candice brought pumpkin somethin' again this week! Those were great times! Love and miss ya!