Saturday, February 28, 2015

Finally Arrived

We finally arrived in Minot, North Dakota, late Wednesday evening.  We were welcomed by a large amount of snow, temperatures that were well below freezing, and a crowd of smiles and welcoming faces.  We had a nice hot dinner waiting for us, a huge basket full of goodies in our room, and bags of treats and toys for the kids, prepared with love by Jessica.
The kids were so excited to open their gift bags!
Natalie immediately dug into the fruit snacks in her bag.
The weather is cold.  Take-your-breath-away cold.  When I stepped out of the car, Jonathan asked me, "So, what do you think?".  I believe my exact words were, "Oh my word! I have never been so cold in my entire life!".  The low on Wednesday night, with the wind chill factor, was somewhere around -35*.
I think there was a high of about 9* on Thursday.  The sun was shining, but in temperatures that low, the snow doesn't melt very fast.  The kids didn't even care to go out and play in it.  I'm glad, because our snow coats and winter paraphernalia are somewhere buried in the back of a U-Haul truck.
We drove around the city a bit, and went on a hunt for a good coffee shop.  We found Caribou Coffee.    It's a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Candice, I still "stalk" your blog and have enjoyed watching your family grow! I cannot believe you have moved to North Dakota! BURRR! I am glad you were able to find a suitable coffee shop!