Saturday, November 29, 2014

Learning to be thankful

This year, the morning of Thanksgiving, we asked the kids if they knew what Thanksgiving was all about.  When the answer "TURKEY!!!" came out, we decided we needed to have a discussion about what it is really about.  Then, we had the kids sit down and list some things that they are thankful for. I think it was good for them, and something we will make a tradition.
Talon wrote his own list without any help.
I wrote out the rest of the kids' lists for them, as they named things off.
This is Kaitlyn's:
Nolan and Natalie only had to list 10.  
This is Nolan's:
Natalie's cracked me up.  She needed a little coaxing to get started, but then got the hang of it.  When she ran out of things to list, she just kept saying, "And Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy!".
 I also noticed that, after our discussion, 'turkey' didn't even make anyone's list.  I hope that means it sunk in!

No comments: