Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Kaitlyn's Birthday Party


We had a little party for Kaitlyn with a couple of her cousins. It was a little later in the month, because things got so busy that Mommy didn't get the planning done. She didn't care. She loved it.  
The theme was, of course, Hello Kitty, because that is her favorite!
What do you do when you have tons of broken, dull crayons?  You melt them together and make big crayons.  I found muffin tins at Dollar Tree (score!). The kids enjoyed mixing the colors together.  The most difficult (and time consuming) task was taking all of the paper off of the crayons.  I figured they would love this part, because they do it all the time when they aren't supposed to.  It got monotonous after a while, and me and Granny had to jump in and help remove the paper.
The finished product.  They turned out very colorful, and the kids thought they were great!
Next, we had a treasure hunt with clues.  The prize was a whole bunch of candy. (I'm sure the parents all loved me for that one!)
They wanted to blow up balloons.  I think they found it was a bit more difficult than they had anticipated. I love it when a kid has tried to blow up a balloon for 2 or 3 minutes, is unsuccessful, then hands the slobbery thing to you to blow up.  Let's just say, I promptly traded them out for clean ones.
Apparently, chasing around balloons, they worked up an appetite.  So, we had sandwiches and chips.
The party animals

She got a lot of really great gifts
The goofy, youngest party animal
Some time for tea, and to play in the kitchen
The kids had a great time and there was very little drama.  I love that! Thank you to everyone that came, and helped make Kaitlyn's birthday so special!

No comments: