Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sick Little Man

Nolan is a pretty tough kid, but he started getting sick yesterday, and he hasn't wanted to do too much.  He even turned down playing outside.  Not normal!  We haven't seen any body fluids being forcefully ejected, but he does seem pretty miserable.  I woke him up after his almost 3 hour nap today, and all he wanted to do was go back to bed.  Poor little guy.  He has been running pretty high fevers and having abdominal pain, but then it subsides for a while and he seems fine.  The nurse side of me wants to take him into the ER just to make sure he doesn't have appendicitis, but the rational side of me says it's probably just a bug and he'll get over it.  I called his doctor just to make sure, and he said just to watch him for a while.  So we are.  I think he's pretty convinced he's hit the jackpot, because Mommy keeps asking him if he wants another popsicle.
Kaitlyn threw up randomly on Saturday night, but we attributed it to her having eaten too many Cheese Puffs after dinner.  Who knows.  I just don't want to get it.  I will clean up puke and whatever else I need to for my family, but I really don't need to experience it myself!  Oh, the joys of a big family... when one gets sick, it's such a challenge to keep everyone else from getting it.

Here is Natalie, wanting Nolan to play.  She kept taking his green puke bowl away, so I gave her one to carry around.  I brought his blanket downstairs, and he promptly spread it out and laid down.
You know he's sick when all he wants to do is lay around and sleep... it's not like him at all!  I do enjoy the cuddle time, though!  Tonight I was sitting in the recliner, and he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I want up. I rock you.".  Poor little booger!

No comments: