Monday, August 26, 2013

Deschutes Rafting Trip

I got to go white water rafting on the Deschutes River on Thursday.  It's something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember.  I went with my mom, my sisters, and our friends, Kandi and Laura.  We had so much fun!  The river was quite cold (we quickly found out when we went over the first set of rapids), and the sky was overcast, but the weather was comfortably warm.
 Let me tell ya... there's nothing quite like paddling through rough waters to remind you how out of shape you are!

Waiting to get on the bus and head down to the river.
They had photographers staged at various places along the river.
Our guide was Zach. He's been doing various river tours for about 12 years. He did an awesome job! 
Feeling a bit tired and water logged.
Getting some dinner before we head home.
Such an awesome time. So glad we got to go. Can't wait until our next trip!

No comments: