Saturday, August 24, 2013

Random 5 on Friday

My Sister-In-Law, Beth, started something on her blog (Weavings) that looked fun, so I decided I would try it. I am going to participate in Random 5 on Friday hosted by Miranda at The Pebble Pond. I am going to attempt to make it a weekly routine, but we'll see. Life might happen, and it may become "Random 5 on Random Fridays".

1. We are ordering the materials to start homeschooling Talon in the next couple of weeks. It's hard to believe he is already starting 1st Grade. He is so excited. I'm a little nervous, and quite emotional about the whole thing.

 2. We are still trying to kick this gastro bug. Kaitlyn and Nolan have both had it so far, and now everyone is coughing and has a runny nose. I don't think we've ever had to deal with this much sickness in the middle of Summer before. It's getting a bit old, I must say!

 3. Natalie just got her 6th tooth, and Talon is getting his 1st permanent tooth. Neither of them seem to be very fond of getting new teeth in. Talon's tooth is growing in so far behind his baby tooth, it's not even pushing the baby one out. I'm afraid we may have some visits with the orthodontist in our future.

 4. Natalie has now figured out that the upstairs playroom is much more fun than her little toy basket downstairs, AND she's figured out how to climb the stairs and push open the gate at the top to get to the playroom. It's become quite the chore to keep her off of the stairs now.

5. On Thursday, I went white water rafting on the Deschutes River, with my mom, my sisters, and a couple of friends. We had a BLAST! It reminded me how out of shape I am, but I can't wait to go again! (Pictures to come later)

  The Pebble Pond

No comments: