Friday, March 22, 2013

My little helpers

I have some very eager helpers when it comes to laundry.  Kaitlyn gets down-right upset if I happen to do laundry without her.  Her job is to separate and fold the hand towels and washcloths, and she takes this job very seriously.  If she knows there is laundry to fold, she will follow me around and nag me incessantly, "Can we fold clothes yet?".  If it's bed time, and the laundry isn't done, she will get a pouty look on her face, and ask, "Are you going to fold without me?".  At which point, to ease her anxiety, I usually promise to at least save her the washcloths.
Talon has started wanting to help as well, though his excitement is rather short-lived at times, and he loses interest a little more quickly.
The other day, Kaitlyn went and got the clean, folded towels out of the bathroom so we could refold them.  She just can't understand why I'm not as excited about it as she is!
She does love to help around the house, so I try to find little jobs for her to do whenever I can.  She loves to help unload the dishwasher, and she talks about 'getting' to sweep and mop the floors and clean the toilets when she gets bigger.  I hope her enthusiasm continues... it will be nice to have someone eager to help out and clean the house with me!  
Now, if only she was so gung ho about picking up her toys and keeping her room clean!

No comments: