Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Love the Beach!

We got to go to the beach again for the day- this time with my family.  My dad was working at the outlet mall in Lincoln City for a couple of hours in the morning, and my mom and Lacey went along for the day.  So, Melanie and Kayla came with me and the kids, and we all met up in the afternoon to play at the beach.
It was so windy!  My dad and I tried throwing a football a couple of times.  That didn't go well.  There was a lot of fetching that took place!

Melanie sitting on the beach holding Natalie and protecting her from the wind.  Did I mention it was windy?
Aunt Lacey playing with the kids in the sand.
Nolan getting snuggled by Grandma.  He didn't much like the wind blowing sand in his face.  It was quite windy!
The Little Miss
Squinting against the sun and the blowing sand
It was warm and the sky was clear. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!  All the little dots in the sky are the para sailors.  They were everywhere!
The cutest little sand crab you ever did see!
Kayla- right after she got out of the FREEZING COLD water.
My dad and I gathered some wood from a clear-cut site down the road, and made a big bonfire.  We had roasted hot dogs and s'mores.  Did I mention it was very windy? Can you say sand in your teeth?
The kids were having fun jumping off of a log into the sand.
So we decided to have some fun with the sun and the camera.
"1...2...3.....JUMP!"
Love the sunsets at the beach!
Sleepy girl. Getting ready to head home.
We were all exhausted when it was over, but we had such a fun day!

No comments: