Thursday, September 30, 2010

What will they say next???

We had a big day today. We took the kids to the zoo, then went by a pumpkin patch on our way home and the kids got to each pick a pumpkin out of the field. It was still about 88 degrees outside when we got home this evening, so I changed the kids' clothes, and we went out and filled up their little pool to cool off. As the kids ran around, I was chatting on the phone with my mom. Talon, never wanting to be left out of the conversation, had to come put in his two-cents-worth.

Talon: "Grandma, I went to the zoo and saw the monkeys and they climbed up on the branch."
Grandma: "You went to the zoo and saw the monkeys? Did you like the monkeys?"
Talon: "Pfffft... Are you kidding me?"

A few minutes later, Kaitlyn was sitting on my lap, I was halfway reclined in my chair, and still talking on the phone with my mom...

Talon: "Sissy, are you pwegnant?"
Me: "No, Talon, Sissy isn't pregnant."
Talon: "Oh. I am!"

The kids have really gotten into this baby thing. This morning, I was getting Kaitlyn dressed, and she asked her typical, "Where's baby?". So, I just asked her back, "Where is baby?".
Her reply (while patting her stomach) ... "In my belly!".

No comments: