Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back trouble

Life's felt a little disjointed the past couple of weeks. Anthony's back went out two weeks ago, so he's been pretty much out of commission and flat in bed. He's been to the chiropractor twice (and what an experience that was!) so we kinda expected to see a little more improvement by now. We're gonna try to get him in to see a different chiropractor tomorrow, and hopefully this one will prescribe some muscle relaxors and start things moving a little faster in the right direction. Anthony can't lift the kids or take care of them, obviously, so I had to take a couple of days off of work this past week. Unfortunately, I can't keep taking off work until he gets better, and his parents have felt a bit under the weather, so on Saturday my parents drove to Idaho to pick up the kids so they could watch them for a few days for us. It's really nice for my parents and family to get to spend the time with them, but I sure miss them like crazy!!
Kaitlyn started to get sick on Friday night/Saturday morning with a fever so I went back and forth about letting her go. I called the doctor's office and they insisted they probably wouldn't need to see her unless she had a high fever for over 72 hours and wasn't eating or taking fluids, or was getting really dehydrated. She did seem to perk up a bit in the afternoon, and Anthony reminded me that my mom did have six kids and had probably taken care of a sick one before, so I tried to relax and sent them on their way.
My mom called and said they made it about half way there, and Kaitlyn started throwing up and was running a really high fever, and wasn't keeping anything down.
>>>Horrible guilt sets in!! "What an awful mother I am!!"<<<
I talked to my mom a couple more times last night, then again this evening. Kaitlyn had a rough night, but seemed to be doing better after her nap this afternoon. She was finally starting to keep fluids down and was less fussy and more alert. Talon, of course, is having the time of his life! 'Bampa' is his personal playmate, and heaven forbid he should go outside or dare to do anything without taking Talon along! My parents will be bringing the kids back home on either Thursday or Friday this week after my work stretch is over. I can't wait for life to get back to normal, I'll tell you that!

2 comments:

nurseheather said...

i'm so sorry to hear. remember your kids are in good hands and your doing the best that you can right now with the situation you've been dealt. sending prayers for comfort and healing your way.....

Anonymous said...

Hope you start feeling better Uncle Anthony! :)

Jonathan