Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More snow!

Yipee... it snowed! We woke up to about 6 inches of snow yesterday morning, and it continued to snow off and on throughout the day. Talon got to try out his new sled and snowsuit. I took him for a ride around the neighborhood yesterday evening and he loved it! He would drag his hand on the side of the sled and collect snow in his glove, then eat it as we went. Kiki went along with us and had a blast. We even let Reese into the front lawn to play in it. Of course, Talon couldn't stand just riding in the sled, he eventually had to get out and play in the snow. We tried making a snowman again, but the snow was too dry. Daddy came outside to throw snowballs with us. Usually Talon loves it when he gets hit with a snowball, so Daddy threw one at him and hit him on the top of the head. He giggled until it fell down onto his face and neck and started melting. He then broke out into tears. It was kind of funny to watch it all take place. You could almost see it register in his brain that the snow was actually cold! I took him into the garage to shake the snow off, and I thought he would want to head inside. Nope! He wanted right back outside, and didn't even want to wait for me to put his hat and gloves back on.


It was garbage day today, so I decided last night that it was probably time to take down the tree. I don't think the needles would have lasted on there another week. I took it out into the garage to strip the lights off, and was so glad I didn't do it in the living room. After I was done, there were probably more needles on the ground than on the tree. I can only imagine the fun in trying to get that mess out of the carpet! For some reason, it's just not quite as exciting taking down the decorations as it is putting them up! It's like, "Hmmm, now where am I going to store all this stuff until next year?".
Talon was a little sad to put up his singing reindeer stocking that grandma got him. I just don't know if we could handle too many more days of "...just hear those sleigh bells jinglin', ring- ting- tinglin' too...". Anthony asked me yesterday to PLEASE put it up. I told him I would after Talon went to bed so he wouldn't see me take it. Well, guess what Talon wanted to play with first thing this morning when he got up and saw it laying on the living room floor. YUP! I had forgotten to put it away last night. So, to save my marriage (wink!) and our sanity, I quickly redirected Talon to another toy and made the stocking disappear! Isn't it amazing how you have to replace the batteries in toys almost weekly, but stuff like that will last forever?!?! I'm sure it will still be going strong for years to come! Love you, Mom!!! :)

(Yeah, the after-Christmas effect just isn't quite as festive!)

No comments: