Thursday, January 15, 2009

Great deals!

Yes, I got caught up in the "pinching your pennies" craze this week. A lot of the girls at work kept talking about how much money they saved on the Albertson's sale of the week, so I thought I'd try it. Turns out it WAS a great deal! The thing that sounded so great to me was the amount I could save on diapers. I was a slacker and didn't get my act together until the last minute, so I didn't get to the store until Tuesday night. The sale ended Tuesday at midnight. We dropped the kids off at Papa and Granny's and were off to SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!! Unfortunately, all the Albertson's stores in the area were completely cleaned out of the Pampers that were on sale. One of the store managers told me that one lady came through and cleaned their back room out of 180 packages of diapers (Kinda makes sense why there was none left!). We drove all over creation, and went to at least four different stores and nobody had Pampers, I finally asked one cashier if she would call around for me to see if ANYBODY had diapers, so we weren't just wasting gas. The last store we ended up at (which happened to be the 1st one we had tried, but that's a whole story in itself!), had a few smaller packages in the sizes we needed, so it was still a pretty good deal. The worst part was going through the check-out line. The way the sale worked, you had to do every transaction separately, and they were all in $30 increments. It took me about an hour and a half just at the cash register! I was very glad Anthony was not in the store with me at that time- he would have been mortified beyond words! I had a total of 15 or 16 different transactions, and they only had one check stand open. Yeah... I know!! It was worth it, though. We spent $220. 54 on $565.90 worth of products. We saved $345.36!! We could have saved even more, but a few of the transactions got mixed up, and I didn't think the lady would be very happy to delete and run some of them over again. I do think that next time I will go a little earlier in the week... and wear a disguise so no one will recognize me! ;0)

My purchase included:

(12)- Jumbo packs Pampers, (1)- lg box Pampers, (4)- Gain laundry detergent, (8)- boxes of cereal, (10)- 12 packs of Coke Zero, (7)- bottles Pantene shampoo, (2)- Giant roll packs of Bounty paper towels, (6)-boxes Puffs tissue, (3)- bottles Johnson's & Johnson's baby shampoo, (4)- boxes Betty Crocker brownie mix, (5)- pkgs of Cascade dishwasher soap, (3)- Dawn dishsoap, (2)- 5# bags of potatoes, (4)- boxes Pillsbury toaster strudel, (2)- packages frozen vegetables, (1)- Comet cleaner, (2)- boxes fruit snacks, (2)- 6 pack containers Yoplait yogurt, (3)- boxes Mr. Clean magic erasers, (1)- lb. butter, (1)- dozen eggs, (1)- 64oz. Minute Maid orange juice.

(Just the Pampers would have cost about $180.00 @ the regular price!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and a partridge in a pear tree! How funny! Love ya and miss ya, Kandi

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Good to see you joined us in our coupon craze! Its a blast you'll be hooked now!