Saturday, December 31, 2011

My sleeping beauties

Every so often, I have to sneak into the kids' bedrooms at night and just watch them sleep for a while.  (I even catch Daddy sneaking in there from time to time.)  There's just something so innocent and sweet about a sleeping child.



The other night I went in to check on the kids, and Talon was still awake.  He sat up in bed and said, "Mommy, can you sleep with me tonight?".  Before I could even get a word out, he followed it by... "Daddy can sleep by himself tonight.  He wont care!"  I told him I couldn't sleep with him all night, but that I would snuggle with him for a few minutes.  As soon as I laid down, he got really quiet, then said, "Mommy, is it okay that I don't remember when I was a baby?".  I told him that I didn't remember when I was a baby either, and assured him that it was just fine.  He seemed content with that answer and settled in to go to sleep.  I must say, I have wondered from time to time what kids think about when they go to sleep at night.  Maybe it's stuff like this.

No comments: