Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

We finally have the house all festive and decorated for Christmas!  I kinda went wild with the lit garland this year, so it's fun to turn off all the lights and just have all the Christmas lights on!  The kids have a blast going around and helping to 'light up the house'.
I absolutely LOVE snowmen, so this is my snowman corner!
Did I mention I kinda went nuts with the garland?

Our massive 9+ foot tree (with close to 2,000 lights), after I cut about a foot off the top.
(We'll be looking for our thank you note from the electric company.)

-----------------------------------
The not-so-fun fact about this years' tree...
So this has turned out to be our most expensive tree yet!  It was only $20 when we took it out of the field, and I already had all the decorations (except some of the lights); but after spending about 5 hours lighting it, standing up on the apparatus I had rigged up to light the thing, and leaning over it.... I landed in the Emergency Room the next day, with a $100 co-pay, to get rid of the horrible case of vertigo I got from lighting it.  (We're talking Zofran, Ativan, IV fluids... the whole 9 yards!!)  I don't think I've ever felt so sick in my entire life!  Not so fun!  I hope this comes back to me next year when we go hunting for our tree!  Either that, or I need to light it in stages and take Dramamine first!

No comments: