Saturday, December 31, 2011

Katie Quip

So to give a little background behind this story....

I had to go to the dentist a few weeks ago, so Anthony and the kids dropped me off for my appointment, then came back later to pick me up.  It was a morning appointment, I had worked the night before (so I was exhausted), and the whole right side of my face was completely numb.  When I got in the car, Anthony asked me a question, and it sounded funny when I talked, so he started laughing.  He said I should turn around and smile at the kids, and I did.  I then looked in the mirror, and found that only the left side of my face smiled.  The other side was completely paralyzed.  The kids thought that was just the funniest thing ever and kept asking me to talk to them and smile.  We then stopped at Wendy's and I got a frosty- which was extremely hard to eat with no feeling in most of my face.  So....

Yesterday, the kids and I got up and took Anthony to his dental appointment.  When we were almost there, Kaitlyn pipes up from the back seat and says, "Daddy, we're gonna make fun of you when you get out of the dentist!".  This cracked me up.  Leave it to the kids to remember what the dentist is all about.
After we dropped him off, we were driving to the store to kill a little time.  Talon's sensitive side must have kicked in, because in a sweet little voice he said,  "Mommy, I'll try not to laugh at you and make fun of you anymore."
Kaitlyn, very matter-of-fact and not missing a beat... "Mama, I'm still gonna laugh at you.  Daddy and me are still going to make fun of you!"
Oh, how I love these kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha thats hilarious!!
Wow, kids are so funny some times lol