Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A few of the kids' "moments"

This morning, I was up feeding Nolan, and I heard Kaitlyn crying really loud. I raced in her room and turned on her light. She was sitting up in bed, smiling and giggling, and said, "Mimi, I cwyin'... Ahh! Ahh!" (giggle) "I want my baby!"

-----------------------

Nolan was fussing rather loudly tonight while I was getting the kids cleaned up after their snack, and getting them ready for bed. Talon apparently had had enough, and asked me, "Mom, can I tell my baby brother to chill?"

-----------------------

I called Talon into the bathroom so I could brush his teeth before bed. He came in carrying a handful of toys and said, "Just a second, Mom, I need to put down my junk!"

-----------------------

It was nearing bedtime a couple of nights ago, and Talon was trying his best to stall the night-time routine so he could stay up a little longer. I was totally on to his game, so I was starting to push him to get his rump in gear and get ready for bed.
Talon: "Mommy... are you all growed?"
Me: "Yep. I'm all grown up!"
Talon: "Is Daddy?"
Me: "Yep. Daddy's all grown up too."
Talon: "I'm all grown up, too!"
(Nice try, Buddy!)

-----------------------

I was telling Talon something while he was in the bath tub. He looked at me with a blank stare, and said, "You lost me, Mom!".

No comments: