Friday, October 2, 2009

Oregon Trip and Corn Maize

The kids and I drove to Oregon last weekend to be with my family for a couple of days. It was a short trip, but we had a great time. We went to the Corn Maize and the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island. The last year we went it was freezing, so this year I was prepared. I layered our clothes, took coats and blankets for the kids.... and wouldn't you know, it was about 80* outside.
We got lost in the maize a few times as we each took turns taking the lead (25 minutes... yeah right!). I don't know how many times we ended up back a the beginning. Finally, we got smart and grabbed the map, but still resorted to asking for help at the end when we realized the map was even a little off. The kids had fun playing amongst the pumpkins, and we had just as much fun (or more) taking pictures of them. What a fun time!

No comments: