Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Making salsa

I got a really good recipe a couple of years ago for fresh salsa, so I thought I would change it just a bit and try to can some. With my work schedule and general 'busy-ness', most of my tomatoes and peppers went bad. I was, however, able to salvage some of my veggies and can a couple of jars. This is what my kitchen looked like in the process. Quite a mess, as you can see. My usual "clean as you go" method was not being followed, so it left me with a lot of work at the end. Oh well, it was worth it. I got a new recipe for next year- it calls for 1/2 a bushel (26 lbs) of tomatoes. Sounds like fun... can't wait to try it!!

My finished product!
It made about 3 1/2 jars, and actually tasted pretty good. However, with as much garlic as I put in it.... let's just say I wont be taking any to work for lunch!!

1 comment:

Rachelle Harding said...

Dude! Little Suzie Homemaker!!