Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad/Grandpa!

We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday tonight at my parents house.  Of course, we just called it 'a small get-together with pie', because he didn't want a big deal made, but the rest of us were a little more honest about why we were there!  Can't believe I actually got him to smile for a couple of pictures!

He married into our family when I was 8 years old, and stepped into a very difficult situation... my dad had just died a few months prior, and my mom was now widowed with 4 young children, at the age of 27.  Tim was a family friend that we all loved dearly, he had planned on being a bachelor for life, and was definitely NOT going to have any children.  Thankfully, he had no idea what he was getting himself into, or he would have run away for sure!
He always told us kids that he would never try to replace our daddy, but did his best to fill the void that was left. He quickly became 'dad'.  It has now been over 25 years. He has shown us unconditional love, has always given 110% for us, and treated us as if we were his own biological children.  Him and I have always had a really good relationship.  We share a similar odd sense of humor, and love to tease each other. I don't know what I would do without my dad, or what my kids would do without Grandpa Bauer.  They love him to pieces, and he is crazy about them! He has never liked to be the center of attention, and often gets overlooked for it; but I wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I love and appreciate him.
So... Happy Birthday, Dad/Grandpa!  We hope you have a fabulous birthday, and we love you very much! 

No comments: