Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pizza night

Usually we go out for pizza, or pick it up from a reputable pizza place (our favorite is Sparky's, but we will compromise, when needed, to stay close to home).  I'm pretty particular about my pizza.  I figure, if I'm gonna spend the calories and fat, I'm gonna really like it.  We try to limit our pizza intake to a couple of times a month.  That being said, last night was pizza night.  The kids love to help in the kitchen, so I decided we would make pizza.  Well, it wasn't the best crust ever, but not bad for starters.  The kids had fun, it was healthier than a pizza joint, and was super cheap because I had all of the ingredients on hand.
This was the final result.
 'Cheese' faces
 Not sure what Talon's crooked finger is up for, but he was super excited to dig in!
 So now, having tried my hand at homemade crust, I am on a mission to find that perfect pizza crust to make at home.  I have scoured the internet and recipe sites for the best crust. Let me just say, it drives me absolutely nuts when all of these people say "this is the best I've ever had" and "we never order pizza out anymore since trying this recipe".  Then you try it, and feel sorry for them that they have never actually tried good pizza.  Am I the only one that feels this way?  And it's not just pizza recipes, but recipes in general.  Any more, I spend quite a bit of time reading the reviews before I just dive in and make a recipe.  Okay, I'm done ranting now, and when I do finally find a good homemade pizza crust, I will definitely be sharing it.  By the way, if you have that one perfect recipe, please feel free to leave me a comment or the link to a site.  I would love to try it!

No comments: