Monday, August 29, 2011

Pancakes

More blueberries!  This morning for breakfast I made a blueberry compote...

I made some blueberry pancakes...
... and they disappeared!  The kids were so excited that we were having breakfast with the berries they helped pick!

If you're interested, here's the recipe for the compote (I used the recipe I had for the cobbler and made some changes.)

Blueberry Compote

2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbl + 1 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 Tbl. lemon juice
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla

*Mix sugar, corn starch, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a sauce pan with a wire whisk.  Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until thick and starts to bubble.  Add vanilla and blueberries.  Return to stove, and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until it cooks into a thick sauce (about 10 min).


1 comment:

Rachelle Harding said...

Thanks for the receipe! I'll definitely have to try this one! :-)