Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011!

And here we are, the first night of the year.... 2011!!
Wow, is it possible that 2010 is already in the history books?
This last year brought a lot of changes for our family. None necessarily bad, just... different! I am happy to be living close to my family again.
We were so blessed to welcome Nolan into our family this year. What a joy he's brought to our lives!
Anthony started playing the guitar in February, and is already really good at it. He studies hard, and is learning the theory behind what he's playing. It's amazing to me, because I play the piano by ear, and he already passed me up months ago! I love hearing him play. He is definitely talented!
Talon and Kaitlyn are getting bigger, smarter, and more and more fun every day. I love watching them grow and develop their own little personalities and character. It makes me emotional, a little, as I reminisce over the past couple of years. I know that we will only blink and they will be grown; but I am so very thankful that God has blessed me with the privilege of being part of their journey through life and, ultimately, to eternity!
I've been reminded over and over again, how important it is to make memories and take time for people. Time is the only thing we cannot replace. It keeps marching on. Things and possessions are not what matter. We may not live in a fancy house and drive fancy cars. Our kids may not wear the most expensive clothing and have the latest and greatest toys. I may not be up on the newest technological devices. But we have God. We have Truth. We have the love of each other, our family, and friends.
So, the kids are in bed; my sweet baby boy is laying in my lap, cooing, smiling, and 'chatting' at me; Anthony is serenading us with his guitar playing in the loft; the dogs are sacked out on their bed; the kitchen is still quite a disaster from dinner, and there's laundry to be folded. I got called off from work, so I got to spend the night at home with my wonderful husband and family. I feel so blessed. God has been so good to us!
Looking forward to what's in store for this year. It's kinda refreshing to think that we have a brand new year ahead of us... just like a clean slate. I plan on making it the best one yet! Hope you all have a happy and healthy 2011!

No comments: