Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I love baking this time of year. I would be so excited if I won a shopping spree to spend money just in the baking aisle! Don't know how many cans of pumpkin, dozens of eggs, packages of sugar (powdered, brown, and white), pounds of flour, butter, cream cheese, and apples I have used so far in the past couple of months, but I sure am lovin' it!!


I baked some Christmas cookies, and the kids had fun decorating them. We didn't go too overboard... I frosted them, and gave them red and green sugar sprinkles to decorate with. That was enough excitement for one evening... there were sprinkles tracked all over the house by the end of the night. Nothing like mopping all the floors at one o'clock in the morning. The next night, I baked a few more... but settled for plain old sugar cookies with white cream cheese frosting.
We'll try it again soon... maybe after I've had more than 2 hours of sleep after working a night shift, and feel a little more prepared for extensive clean up!
It sure is fun though... watching the kids get excited about eating the cookies they just decorated. Such hard decisions at that age... deciding whether to eat the snowman, the star, or the choo choo train!



Trying to get the hang of just 'sprinkling' on the sugar.

The reason why we had sprinkles tracked all over the house? Because it's fun to play in them... kinda like sand!

Mmmmm!

No comments: