Monday, June 28, 2010

Attitude adjustment

A couple of days ago, I was just having 'one of those days'. I was exhausted, things weren't going the way I thought they should, and the kids just would not mind. I'd tell them to do something (or not to do something), and they would do the exact opposite. I was so frustrated, and was starting to get emotional.
While the kids were sitting in their chairs eating their lunch, I was trying so hard just to pull it together. I said a quick, "Lord, help my attitude!". Talon had turned on his music really loud in his room, so as the kids ate and I cleaned the kitchen, we sang songs.
About ten minutes went by, and Talon asked, "Mommy, Jesus help you?".
With a puzzled look, I asked, "What?"
He restated, "Jesus help your attitude?".
Oh, I needed that! I laughed and laughed. Yes, my attitude was better... and even my kids could tell!

No comments: