Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bathtime antics

Yesterday, the kids were in the bathtub and Anthony was keeping an eye on them while I was taking a shower. As soon as I got done, Anthony came and asked me to join him in the main bathroom where the kids were, and tell him what I saw on the side of the tub. When I walked in, I saw a large puddle of yellow liquid, and the floor was all wet. Anthony proceeded to tell me what happened...
The kids were splashing around making noise, and when he walked in, he saw the yellow puddle on the side of the tub. He asked Talon what it was. Talon stated, "I not go potty in the bathtub!". Anthony was sure it couldn't have been the dogs, and knowing it couldn't possibly be Kaitlyn, he asked again. Talon very emphatically said he "did not go potty in the bathtub!". Anthony then pointed to the puddle on the side of the tub and asked, "Well, who did that?".
Talon let out a big, exasperated sign and very sheepishly said, "Talon".
I've told him that, under no circumstances, is he to go potty in the bathtub. So, he didn't. He stood up and went outside the bathtub all over the floor!
As soon as I got it all cleaned up, and we were out of sight and earshot, Anthony and I had a good laugh about it. I think I found it slightly more amusing than he did, but I think he was still a bit awed by the whole thing.
Today, when I put them in the bath, I made sure to include that we don't go potty outside of the bathtub either... we only go potty in the toilet.

---------------------

I put the kids in the tub the other day, then went to put some clothes away in their closets. I heard some splashing, so I peeked my head in and told them not to splash because I didn't want water all over the floor. When I went back in a couple of minutes later, I saw the mess they had made... there was water everywhere! Talon's gotten in the habit of blaming things on his sister, so I expected this time to be no exception. I showed him the puddle on the floor and said, "Look at the mess you made. You got water all over the floor!". He looked at the floor, then back at me. He got a perplexed look on his face, and said, "Now why did I do that?".
Wow, that was a reply I didn't expect. I want him to take me seriously and know that I don't think it's funny, but it's times like these that I have a really hard time keeping a straight face!

No comments: