Friday, April 23, 2010

Yard work

Yes, the yard work has begun! Let me just say that weeding and yard work is not exactly my favorite past time! This was the result of trimming the daffodil stems in just one of the flower beds along the back patio. They filled up our 95+ gallon yard debris container. We have flower beds around the entire perimeter of the house, and various ones throughout the yard around the trees. Looks like we have our work cut out for us as the weather continues to get nicer!

When I was growing up, during the Summer, my mom would go out daily- even get up early sometimes- and weed the flower beds and just spend hours watering and taking care of the plants and flowers. She said it was like medicine to her... she loved it! I did not inherit that gene, nor do I have any sort of a 'green thumb'. I think flowers are beautiful, and I really enjoy them... when someone else is taking care of them and doing the work. I love driving around and admiring other peoples' flowers and gardens. I guess it's just one of those things I don't have a lot of time for, so by the time I actually get to it, the task is so huge it seems overwhelming. I'd rather be spending my time outside playing with the kids, or relaxing with a book or something. Oh well! We're going to start planting our garden soon, and I'm really looking forward to having all the fresh vegetables, so who knows... maybe I'll learn to like yard work this year. I doubt it, but maybe!

No comments: