Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Scones and Sun Tea

I've been on a scone baking kick for a couple of days now. On Sunday, Anthony found a scone recipe he wanted me to try. They were basic vanilla scones with buttermilk. They were super easy and turned out pretty good. Next, we looked online for a good pumpkin scone recipe (Mmmm, my favorite!). We found two recipes and didn't know which one to try, so I combined them, and used some of the tips I learned when I made the vanilla scones. They turned out SO good! I had to make another batch when I got up this afternoon. Bring out the coffee!

Another thing I've been making a lot of... sun tea! I've found a way to flavor it and cut out a lot of the sugar. You'd be amazed how much Lipton tea we go through!

4 comments:

Walter & Rachel Starr said...

Sounds good! You'll have to pass on the Pumpkin Scone Recipe.

Cheri Witmer said...

You are making me HUNGRY!!!! lol :) Aaron loves scones and I haven't made them for awhile...maybe I will surprise him soon!

nurseheather said...

you may have to post your recipe - those look great and i LOVE scones. just had a large one this morning actually. how do you find the time????

Unknown said...

mmmmm...pumpkin sumthin'! luv ya, kandi