Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun on the 4th

Talon got to see his first parade yesterday, and he seemed to really enjoy it. I'm still a bit of a kid at heart, (hard to believe, I know!) and I enjoyed it a lot myself. We sat a little ways away from anyone else, so everyone that came by threw candy just for us (basically Talon!). We started putting the candy in his cowboy hat. When that was full, we filled the cup holders of Sissy's stroller, then the seat of his stroller. All the rest of the candy (which was quite a bit), we left for the neighborhood kids to collect. Man, if I would have known parades were so lucrative, I may have begged to go to a few when I was a kid!! :>
Anthony's parents came to watch the parade, then came over and we had a BBQ (consisting of shish kabobs and hot dogs, with a couple of side dishes, watermelon, and pomegranate iced sun tea. YUM!).
Next, came one of my favorite times of the day... NAP TIME! We all took a nice long nap. It was fabulous!
When we got up, Anthony's parents came back to the house, the kids played in the pool, we had fresh strawberry shortcake with ice cream and espressos (and more watermelon!!).
When it got dark, we sat out on the patio and watched the Middleton fireworks. Talon thought the big "pow, pows" were really neat! It was a fun ending to a really great day!

No comments: