Monday, June 8, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

This one's a bit shorter than the last, but it's about time for another "Not me! Monday". (Prompted by my dear husband's comment, "I can't wait to see this show up on the blog!"). So, this one's for you, Honey!

1) Anthony made me a latte the other night while I was working on the computer, but I was very responsible with it. Of course, I wouldn't have set it next to me on the ever-so-small-and-wobbly tv tray; and when Kaitlyn started fussing, naturally I gave myself plenty of space when I reached down to pick her up off the floor. She did not then proceed to kick her feet and send my 18oz coffee sailing through the air, spilling its contents all over the living room rug. To which, I did not panic, and half throw her into her dad's arms so I could get a towel and clean up the disaster. I did not have to spend a large portion of the evening trying to figure out the shampooer on my vacuum. I did not get frustrated when there was a huge brown spot on the rug when I was done, and I definitely did not have to spend about an hour last night (after everyone else was snuggled sweetly in their beds), trying to remove the huge (and now dried) coffee stain. Not me!

2) At work a couple of nights ago, when I returned from the cafeteria to the PICU, I did not stand outside the door at the card reader, swiping my badge 7 or 8 times to get back into the unit, only to discover I was swiping my debit card. Nope, not me!

No comments: