Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Talon!

Talon turned 2 years old yesterday. It's hard to believe my baby is not such a baby anymore! Anthony always makes fun of the fact that people count their child's age in months for so long, so yesterday I was teasing him and said, "Hey, next month Talon's gonna be 25 months old!". His reply... "It's called denial!". Yeah, I'll admit, I have a bit of that.
We had a little party for him at home. He thought the party hats were pretty great- for about five minutes, then he was done with his. Of course, this morning, he found his party hat and immediately wanted it on. He probably would have worn it all day if I wouldn't have made him take it off so we could get ready for church!
Among the many gifts he got, was a red trike from us, and a four-wheeler from Papa and Granny. He spent a good portion of the night switching back and forth, riding them around the house. Of course, he thought it was more fun when we would push him around so he didn't actually have to do any work!
We're going to Oregon this week, and Grandpa and Grandma are planning a party for him there. Something tells me we're probably going to come home with a few more things than we left with!

Talon taking a nap with his teddy bear. I couldn't resist taking a picture!

Chatting on the phone with Grandma. Mommy gets a phone and Talon gets one. That way, if he wanders off, I can still talk. I put it on speaker phone and sometimes clip it to my shirt so I can have my hands free while I talk. Talon thought this was a great idea and had to have his phone clipped on as well!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Talon!!!

Uncle Shade, Aunt Beth, Caleb, Destini, Chantry & Delani