Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Big Boy Bed

We got Talon a toddler bed so Kaitlyn can move out of her cradle in our room to the crib in her room. He really likes his 'big boy bed'! The first night he slept in it, I put a blanket on the floor to break his fall if he fell out. I checked on him after about 2 hours, and he was already curled up in a ball on the floor. I put him back in his bed and went to check on him a couple hours later. I walked in to see him falling head first, doing a somersault out of his bed onto the floor. I had to laugh! I got him all snuggled back in on his pillow, and in the morning he was still there. He hasn't fallen out again since. However, a couple of days ago, I put him down for his nap and left the door cracked so I could hear him when he woke up. After about 20 minutes had gone by, I heard the patter of little feet running across the floor into our bedroom. I went upstairs to find Talon playing in his toy bin in our walk-in closet. He thought it was pretty funny- that is, until I marched him right back to his bed! Yesterday, he tried it again, only this time he met me at the top of the stairs with an innocent look on his face, holding his teddy bear saying, "Mama? Mama?" Yep, back to bed he went!
(Sigh!) It's hard to believe my baby is growing up so fast!


(Nice bed hair, Bubbs!)

1 comment:

Melanie Pollard said...

A big bed?!? Where has the time gone. . .(Sigh!)