Monday, December 8, 2008

Tree lighting

Lighting the tree has always been quite a project, and an even bigger one now that I have a little 'helper'. I always use lots and lots of lights (this year I used 12-14 strands on our 8 foot tree), and it takes me quite a while. Talon was very excited about this process, so I gave him an end of the strand of lights and he would set them on a branch, then look at me and smile- waiting for me to tell him what a big boy he was. He got bored with this before too long, and decided it was more fun to take lights off the tree. Unfortunately, I didn't realize he was doing this until I had about 1/3 of the tree done, and he comes up behind me with a handful of lights in his hand. He had unraveled most of the bottom of the tree. I decided at that point to give him his own set of lights to play with, and we had a "no touch" rule on Mommy's lights. He, of course, wanted to put his lights on the tree, too!


Decorating his toys

No comments: