Thursday, May 19, 2011

A-a-a... Achooooo!

When I got up this afternoon, the sun was shining ,and it was very warm and beautiful outside. So, I decided to open up the windows in the house to get some fresh air. The kids got up from their naps, I put them in the tub, and we got ready to eat dinner. Kaitlyn, however, started sneezing repetitively when she got into the dining room. We're talking 10-15 times, at least! She's never showed signs of having allergies in the past, but now I felt horrible that my opening the windows had caused my little girl to start sneezing like crazy. She kept sticking her finger up her nose after each sneeze, so Anthony and I both started getting on to her and told her to keep her fingers out of her nose. I put the kids in their booster seats, put the food on the table, then got Kaitlyn some Kleenex so I could help her blow her nose that was dripping like a faucet. It was then that I realized the reason for her sudden onset of 'allergies'..... for out popped a large and intact, dried macaroni noodle. Apparently, she had dropped it on her chair the previous evening, and decided that her nostril would be a good place for safe keeping. I'm just glad that with all the digging she was doing to try and get it out, she didn't get it lodged. So crazy!! Now, when people have stories about the things their kids have shoved up their nose or in their ears, I no longer can say that my kids haven't tried it.

No comments: