Friday, March 25, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Look who's in a big girl bed!! We have decided to put Talon and Kaitlyn in the same room, and are getting a set of bunk beds for them. They are so excited and talk about it constantly. We thought it would be best if Nolan transitioned to the crib in his own room for a while. So to get Kaitlyn ready, I took the side rail off of her crib. She's a bit of a wild sleeper, so I expected she would fall out of bed a few times. The first night when I went in to check on her, her pillow was on the floor, and she was laying sideways in her bed. Hmmmm?!?! So I put her back on her pillow and tucked her in. The next morning, she seemed to be sleeping really late, so I went in to check on her. She was wide awake, laying in her bed, and talking really quietly to her baby doll. When I asked her, she said she did fall out of bed, but was emphatic that she didn't cry! Since then, I think she has fallen out a couple of times (due to the loud *thump* I have heard coming from her room). However, she never cries, and by the time I get in there to check on her, she's back in bed like nothing happened. She will lay in her bed in the morning, and holler that she wants out, but unlike her older brother, she never tries to escape her room. After her nap, she sits quietly on her bed and waits for me to come in to get her up. Such a big girl!

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

yeah! we love our bunkbeds. it was definitely an adustment at bedtime when they first started. i think they talked and screwed around for like an hour each night but then after like 6 mo. it became old hat. they love beign together and feel weird if they sleep apart. hope you have a positive experience.