Monday, February 28, 2011

Beach Trip

I had a few days off the weekend of Valentine's Day, so we went to the beach for a couple of days. It was cold and rainy, but nice to get away. Funny how 3 young kids can change things so drastically. Trips to the beach, dinner, and staying in a motel used to be so relaxing. Not so much anymore. Fun, but far from relaxing!

The kids got down to business as soon as we got on the road!

Keeping himself entertained. He did really good... especially for how much he hates his car seat!

The first night, after getting settled into our motel, we went out for Mexican food. Not the best Mexican food around. We'll just leave it at that. Anthony and I were super tired and ready for a good nights' sleep. The kids, however, were hyper. They were so excited to be at the beach! We did go for coffee afterward, and that definitely helped!

What do kids do in a motel when they're bored at night? Yep... play on the bed!

It was pretty funny to watch. They had a blast!

All bundled up and headed for the beach. It was pouring down rain and freezing, and all Talon could talk about was going in the water. They were tired, but Talon was doing his best trying to keep himself awake. Kaitlyn lost the fight.

Alas, Talon surrendered as well!

Nolan's first time at the ocean. All bundled up, he didn't seem to mind the rain and wind.

So sweet. Just watching the water come in then roll back out.
Kaitlyn didn't last 5 minutes outside. She very quickly decided it was too wet, windy, and cold, and wanted to stay in the car with Daddy and Nolan. Talon, on the other hand, wanted to get down to the beach. No one can say I don't love my kids! Talon had a hat. I didn't. I stayed outside with him long after I was soaked to the bone, and he finally got drenched enough that I could convince him to leave. I only brought an extra skirt and shoes, so we had to run to the outlet mall so I could get a sweatshirt to change into before we went to dinner. When we got back in the car, Kaitlyn kept saying, "Mommy, I don't want to go on the beach. I don't like the beach!". She's let us know, multiple times since we've been back, that she doesn't want to go to the beach. Poor kid. We're gonna have to take her in the summer when it's warm so she isn't traumatized for life!

Ca-Raaaa-Zyyyy!!!

Daddy and Bubbs... hanging out and waiting for dinner at Mo's.

Kaitlyn eating her french fries with ranch dressing. She was happy and loving them. Until....

...she discovered tartar sauce. Her face lit up with her first bite. It was priceless!


On the way home, we stopped at The Italian Riviera for dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day. What a fun family trip!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I totally feel Kaitlyn's pain. Not only does the beach tramatize me in the winter, but in the summer, too! If it wasn't for the outlet mall I wouldn't have to go.