Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The first step!

Last night I took Talon's potty chair out of the box and showed it to him. We officially placed the 'big boy potty' in the bathroom. He immediately stuck his hands in the bowl to see if there was water in it. We haven't had to deal with that yet, but I'm sure it's coming!
A little while later, I was sitting on the couch with Anthony feeding Kaitlyn, and in marches Talon, carrying his potty chair through the living room saying, "Dis? Dis?". I tried so hard not to laugh, but I couldn't help myself! I told him to take it back to the bathroom. Suddenly, he couldn't remember how to pick it up again! I helped him take it back and reminded him it had to stay in the bathroom.
This morning after breakfast, I went into the bathroom for a second, then left. When I came back, Talon had the lid up and was sitting on his potty chair with his clothes on, and a big smile on his face. (Kiki, of course, was right there to be involved with whatever Talon was up to.) Next, he stood up and started pulling at his clothes. He wanted his clothes and diaper off! I unsnapped his jammies, took his diaper off and sat him down on it. He was a little upset that I had left his clothes on, but he quickly got over it. He sat there for a while, then got up.
Well, I guess the potty training stage has started- at least the first step! He wants to sit on his 'big boy potty' all the time. It's said that potty training is actually more 'parent' training. Whew... I hope we're up to this!! ;0)

His favorite part is opening and closing the lid. Hopefully, we can nurture this habit, and it will last up into adulthood. His future wife will thank me, I'm sure!!!

No comments: